Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Horse Problems

Today I discovered that the Wonder Horse had lacerated his left rear hock while out in pasture over the weekend. The cut was not bad but by the time I discovered the wound, it was already infected. It doesn't take long for an infection to set in during the fly season. His entire hock joint is swollen. The vet techs came out and cleaned and bandaged the wound but I'm sure the bandage will be off my morning. I suspected a puncture wound beneath the cut but it's the vet techs didn't find anything. Unfortunately, Apache will be on pen rest until the wound is healed. With only a few weeks left before the National Cavalry Competition, it couldn't have happened at a worse time. I may have to drop down a level or not compete at all if I can't get Apache healed quickly.

1 comment: