Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Monsoon Weather

It has been difficult to get any decent riding in with the daily occurrence of thunderstorms in the afternoon. I have been able to sneak a little riding in during the day, but this is the busy time of year for me as a lot of events are piling up in for the next few months.

I managed to get some time in today with the Wonder Horse who was in an agreeable mood and even managed to get onto the correct lead most of the time. Tomorrow we have more gun training schedule for muster, so we will see if he is agreeable then. This weekend we have some Major Howze conditioning training scheduled, but I will be on the ground and won't ride him for that. However, I plan to ride him on Thursday to recon the training route so he will get the conditioning training nonetheless.

The National Cavalry Competition is still two months away, but with the weather the way it is, I doubt we will get much training in. I primary mission is to support ceremonies, so most of our effort goes into that. We will go and do our best, but there is only so much time you can devote to practicing for it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you got the rain we got the sun, finally! Ten weeks of rain every day! Yuk!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete