Monday, August 24, 2009

Purchase Requests and Horse Hide and Seek

I tried to submit a purchase request today to get a horse trailer painted using an online application called PRWeb. It has been about six years since I used it so I was a bit rusty. The old way to submit a purchase request was to type up a form and give it to the right people to sign. Now it is all done electronically. Unfortunately, about 95% of the application consists of wasted electrons. I suppose all the features are useful or important for large complex government purchases but are complete useless for getting a horse trailer painted. At least I don't have to carry the form around to different people to get it signed.

I spent an hour today trying to find horses in the pasture at feeding time. It was raining too of course. I have no idea where they were. Half of them were at the feeders waiting patiently. The other half was out hiding somewhere. I walked around the pasture (58 acres) three times looking for them and never saw them. Suddenly they just appeared. I guess they got tired of the hide and seek game.

No comments:

Post a Comment