Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beer for My Horses

After muster tonight we found out that Duke likes beer. Trooper Jay and I were relaxing by the hitching posts waiting for our horses to dry when we accidentally discovered that Duke likes beer. Jay had finished his can of Bud and was letting his horse graze next to Duke's pen. Duke reached out with his nose and started licking the top of the empty can. Then he grabbed it with his teeth and would have made off with it if Jay hadn't taken it back. Somehow, I think Duke may have been exposed to beer before.

1 comment:

  1. Yep! Sounds like a good horse!...if I may add, my mare likes a good beer, and when we are out, and stop somewhere , I try and get to a pub. Tie the horse up and have a pint myself. However I cant ignore her. She loves Guiness!

    ReplyDelete