Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Prospect


We picked up another potential horse for B Troop last week. He is a very tall Canadian Warmblood named Cal. He passed his mil vet check on Friday and is currently residing at my ranch during his quarantine period. We will evaluate him for suitability for the cavalry, but so far seems like a good prospect. He is trained as a dressage horse and has very good cues. I rode him a couple of weeks ago at the owner's stables to see what he was like. The owner pointed out that despite the fact that my reins were all wrong and my seat was too far forward that the horse did fine. Ahem. Of course, my poor riding style was all part of the test. I was going to ride him this weekend but was too banged up from riding the Wonder Horse last Friday to get it done. Some of the ladies came by today to have a look at him and were amazed at the size of him. Cal was loving the attention and was upset when they all left. Hopefully, we can get him accepted into the Army soon so he can hang out with the other horses.

2 comments: