Monday, January 4, 2010

Running Away from Pistols

I didn't get much riding in over the holidays due to weather, and well, the holidays. Even though I had both Duke and Apache home over Christmas, I only had time to ride them once each. I did some work with Duke and the cap gun but he has the same reaction to the cap gun as he does the saber. That is he tries to fade away from it while I have it in my hand. He's not violent about it and he'd never rear up like the Wonder Horse would but he is clearly not liking me holding a weapon in my hand. He just kind of drifts off to the left. Anyway, I'll be taking Apache back to the fort tomorrow so I can work with him during muster but I'll keep Duke at the ranch so Debbie can do some gun work with him. She promised not to teach him to stop and wait for a cookie every time the gun goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment